Wednesday, June 07, 2023

Nymphmaniac!

I had another short session on the Water of Leith the other evening with my mate Chris. As well as a few minnow and brown trout, we caught a few bullheads, a species Chris had never caught before. After catching a few on maggot, I decided to up the ante and tied on a tiny tungsten nymph fly. It took a while, but eventually I located a bullhead that was "interested", and after a bit of teasing it greedily took my fly!

A hot butt UV nymph proved too tempting/annoying for this bullhead.

I suspect this was perhaps an angling first, but as no fly gear other than the fly was used, I can't really claim it was caught “on the fly”! Still, it was a fun session, and it was good to do a bit more “guiding” as well. I really enjoy seeing other anglers catch new species too.

Tight lines, Scott. 

No comments:

Post a Comment