Friday, March 03, 2023

Going with the flow.

I had a couple of sessions last month down at the artificially warm waters that have been through the reactor cores of Torness Nuclear Power Station before being pumped back out to sea. The sessions couldn't have contrasted more. My main target species were thick lipped and golden grey mullet, but I also tried to catch a bass and a common blenny too whilst there. My first trip was very productive, I landed six golden grey mullet on freelined bread flake and lost a few more that managed to throw the hook.

Another species ticked off. Three down, only one hundred and ninety seven to go!

The second trip didn't produce any fish at all. Which was strange as I thought the conditions were actually much better than when I was there for my first session. The lack of blennies was also a real surprise. Normally there are lots of them around, but I couldn't catch a single one. It's not my favourite place to fish, and I've probably stated this several times already in previous posts, but needs must, so I'll be back to try and tick off a few more of the species mentioned above later in the year.

Tight lines, Scott.

No comments:

Post a Comment