Wednesday, May 31, 2023

A cracking bite.

On Wednesday last week I spent a few hours down at Torness Power station with my mate Nick. It was a sunny day, and we fished at the outflow and also at the inlet area. The fishing was pretty dreadful and all we both caught were a few blenny from the rockpools at the outflow. One in particular was a bit annoyed at being caught and bit my finger repeatedly. I found its aggression very amusing!

Vicious little swine!
When he eventually let go, I popped him back in his rockpool to calm down and get back to whatever it was doing before I interrupted.

The humble common blenny is still one of my favourite mini species. They're so aggressive and have tons of character. The lack of other fish was very odd. Jellyfish have started to appear however, a sure sign that the water temperature is steadily increasing, and the summer will soon be here. It won't be too long before I can have some ultra light fun with mackerel when the shoals start showing up!

Tight lines, Scott.

No comments:

Post a Comment